• Latest Posts

• Go have a look at the place now. Absolutely disgusting.  Used to be a great meeting and catered for the battlers. 3 hours from ChCh although that time bettered easily  if you knew the road!!!
    • Wow!! That's a big turnaround in a couple of months. Obviously Ballarat's big jumps day has not helped the cause  After Warrnambool's successful carnival everyone was saying next year's going to bigger than ever and even talking bigger prizemoney.
    • Your “fat” cousin is also big boned
    • Looks likePotential Trouble Ahead In Victoria too.... RV announces jumps racing review Ryan Reynolds@Reynolds_R   Steve Pateman and Stern Idol cruise to victory in the Crisp Steeplechase at Sandown. (Image: Racing Photos) Racing Victoria has announced it will conduct a full-scale review into the jumps racing industry. Led by the newly-formed Jumps Review Group, the review started this week and will take a broad-scale look into a variety of aspects of the sport, including the future viability of jumps racing. Former Supreme Court Judge and former Victorian Racing Integrity Board Chair Justice Jack Forrest will join the JRG as an independent member, with the Group chaired by RV's Executive General Manager - Integrity Jamie Stier. The JRG will pass its recommendations to the RV executive by the end of November, and the RV executive will then provide the report and recommendations to the RV board for a decision by the end of December. RV said the JRG will also take submissions from all parties as part of the process. The wide-ranging review will see the JRG investigate and consider the following: Findings of the Jumps Review Panel from the 2024 season; Applicability of any broader equine welfare research, findings or data to inform jumps fatalities and jumps injuries to participants and horses: Analysis of trends relating to starters, field sizes, wagering and industry participation rates; Review of club and track infrastructure, including analysis on future durability of racecourses and availability of racecourses (including transfer of meetings) for jumps racing; Analysis of optimum track rating and achievable track rating; Analysis of horse engagement and longevity, and additional career opportunities provided by jumps racing; Analysis of the contribution to track riding ranks of jumps jockeys; Analysis of the financial performance of the jumps industry for participants. clubs and the Victorian Thoroughbred Racing Industry (VTRI); Analysis of community participation and attendance at jumps racing events and broader economic benefit of jumps racing: Analysis of available research or reporting on the level of community acceptance of jumps racing and its impact on the broader appeal of thoroughbred racing; and Any analysis, research, resources that the JRG considers necessary to complete its report and recommendations. RV chairman Tim Eddy described the safety record across the 2024 jumps season as 'unacceptable'. "The events of the final meeting at Ballarat were heartbreaking for all involved in the Victorian jumps racing community," Eddy said. "Many people have worked incredibly hard to make the sport as safe as it can be and had achieved marked improvement across the 14 years prior to this season when we took a backwards step. "To that end, in addition to the work done annually by the Jumps Review Panel, the Board has commissioned a wider review to be led by Jamie Stier that will take a detailed look at all elements of jumps racing in Victoria. "The Jumps Review Group has been asked to consider, among other things, participation rates, industry support, community attitudes, financial returns, the safety record of the sport and the measures in place to promote safe racing. "This thorough review has commenced this week and its outcomes will be informed by the process with no outcome off the table at this time." Any parties wishing to make a submission for the JRG to consider as part of its review, must do so by Thursday, 24 October via jumpsreviewsubmission@racingvictoria.net.au.
    • Or "over shadowed" , you insensitive git .
    • So true . My pick for the cup is still Don't Stop Dreaming . I may have missed it but didn't see Ohoka Connor on the noms . I think he is something special . His last run was unbelievable , just a shame his standing starts aren't the best . If he is in the Free for all he will have my cash 
    • Not really sure , probably had that lucky number 8 in the back of my head so just ran with it and going pretty good, my go to bet is 88 or 188 for horse's to run in four. 
    • And I apologise if I have offended anyone I should never have said "dwarfed" I should have said "little peopled"
    • You never thought that the process would be even playing field did you .  Just like they won't accept that synthetic racing isn't the salve that they said it would be . Agendas , agendas , agendas . you'll never beat them .
    • Getting in early before the tipsters at racing.com point me to some loser’s as they did last week  1. Hastings R5. 1/2. BB 2. Hastings R6.  4/11 3. Hastings R7.  1/10 4. Hastings R8.  4/6 5. Rosehill R1.  4/11 6. Rosehill R2.  3/8 7. Rosehill R4. 12/17 8. Rosehill R6. 8/12 9. Rosehill R8. 1/2. BB 10. Rosehill R9. 1/14 11. Sandown R6. 9/13 12. Sandown R8  3/7  I will take chances with scratching replacements as per rules...might even give me more points   
    • During the jumping review we were given figures that showed flat racing Dwarfed jumps racing per race on turnover.     And it was done "on a like for like basis" The synthetic track review shows that flat racing on heavy tracks during winter shows the turnover is 109k per race,alot lower than the figure quoted in the jumping review.  I'd take it further. A like for like basis should be on the first 4 flat races at each meeting over winter compared to the jumps. You can twist statistics so easily. For example my fat cousins BMI proves he isn't fat,he is just too short. Not having a crack or a cry but Id just like to see a fair "like for like" because I'm not convinced we have seen it yet.
    • 1. Hastings R5     1-11 2. Hastings R6     6-11    BB 3. Hastings R7     1-3 4. Hastings R8     2-9 5. Rosehill R1       4-8 6. Rosehill R2       4-12 7. Rosehill R4      11-17 8. Rosehill R6       3-7 9. Rosehill R8       1-2       BB 10. Rosehill R9     8-14 11. Sandown R6  7-15 12. Sandown R8 12-13 Thank you, John and Scooby.
    • Now I've got images that will not disappear .
    • Will you stop playing favorites , he's feeling left out , give him a star for good attendance at least .
    • Superfecta King Stable's E J Won the Cup makes another journey to the Midwest in an attempt to add the title of graded stakes winner to his growing resume when he lines up for the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby (G3) Sept. 29 at Remington Park.View the full article
    • For owner Michael Lund Petersen, the announcement that his three-time grade 1-winning  5-year-old mare Adare Manor has been retired included some solace in knowing he enjoyed something special during her four years of racing.View the full article
    • Would love to see BD Joe return to form, but man he needs to improve his manners somewhat. The Cup certainly looks like it'll have a full field this year, although how many realistic winning chances is yet to be seen. Leap To Fame should eventually scare all of the other Aussie entrants away, but it's still going to be the most interesting Cup in years I suspect. 
    • So long as we don't see any of the participants wearing spandex.................
    • Alex Park . Don't know about you guys but never keen on 1600m or 1700m races . Anything wide makes it hard for the type of racing these days  My best for the week B D Joe at Addington  . I see Josh D is on . Hopefully ping the tapes and lead all the way . Has been unlucky lately 
    • The inventor of the Tapeta surface, Michael Dickinson, called the “Godfather of synthetic surfaces,” told Gulf News that the surface is still evolving and that “it will be better this year – the best it’s ever been.” Dickinson said the maintenance of the surface this year has been the addition of heat- and weather-resistant fiber to the track.  He says they are “terrific for proving a reliable, safe surface.” (Quote:  https://paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/meydans-tapeta-racetrack-best-its-ever-been November 2013).
  • Like & Follow Us on Facebook

• RaceCafe News

• Featured Video

• Topics

• Disclaimer

While the owners and managers of RaceCafe endeavour to moderate and control the site and posts on it, they give no guarantee that posts are true and correct, and take no responsibility whatsoever for what individuals post on the site.

Posts do not necessarily reflect the sentiments, views or beliefs of Race Cafe or its owners and management.

The owners and managers of RaceCafe reserve the right to remove posts from the site and to provide details of members whose posts warrant scrutiny.