• Latest Posts

• I do not think that is the reason...for me times change and to see horses getting flogged after trying their guts out during the race makes me not even want to watch them slog to the line, and there should be no jumps in the home straight so if something goes wrong it is not so close to the public to see the aftermath. I feel sad for the situation jumps finds itself in but public perception is everything in this age of digital media and racing needs all the positivity it can get and sorry for me for the reasons I mention it is not a good look.I think maybe like my change of heart over the years on jumping the many of the older punters maybe feel the same...it needs more investigation for sure but as I say times change and racing needs to change with them too.Just my humble opinion.
    • You have not even given him a chance FFS, he is keen he is likeable and he is having a go, some people just moan for the sake of it I am sure, the trackside team have made changes, on the face of it they look to be listening, so give these new people some time instead of negativity just because you can. They are way better than the drivel we have had previously even you must agree with that....or are you that unreasonable???
    • Use Philip Leishman if you really want a male racing personality whos primary job was to be a broadcaster and presenter.  Scotty Stevenson or Steven Mcivor for general sports if you please.  But your desire to steer the discussion off track is why you keep missing the point and skirting around it.  Its about broadcasting experience.  
    • Franny Norton, a fixture in the weighing room for more than 30 years, has called time on his career. He will take his final rides at Chester's last meeting of the season Sept. 21.View the full article
    • Stan Bowker saw nearly every aspect of Thoroughbred racing. From his starting point in Omaha, Neb., at Ak-Sar-Ben, he ended his career as a racing commissioner and a respected steward. Bowker died Sept. 10 in Clearwater, Fla., after a long illness.View the full article
    • Following a national search, Bill Knauf has been chosen to serve as the inaugural president and general manager of The Maryland Jockey Club Inc., a new 501(c)(4) organization that will manage and operate Thoroughbred horseracing in Maryland.View the full article
    • Hipkins getting hammered , capitol gain tax or Māori groveling probably both but one things for sure people love the change in direction the country is experiencing , common sense and logic is prevailing and stepping on the left wing leftover labour dominated councils is also a winner , this coalition is working brilliantly . The changes are compared to the previous Taxpayers' Union-Curia poll in July, two months prior. National: 39 percent, up 1.4 percentage points (48 seats) Labour: 25.9 percent, up 0.8 (33 seats) Greens: 11 percent, down 1.5 (14 seats) ACT: 8.8 percent, down 0.3 points (11 seats) NZ First: 6.8 percent, down 0.5 (8 seats) Te Pāti Māori: 5 percent, up 1.5 (6 seats) For non-Parliamentary parties, TOP fell 1.3 points to 1.1 percent, Outdoors & Freedom fell 0.7 points to 0.4 percent, and the combined total for all other parties was 0.8 percent. Undecided voters accounted for 3.4 percent. Preferred prime minister: Christopher Luxon: 32.7 percent - down 1.8 Chris Hipkins: 12.6 percent - down 6.1 Chlöe Swarbrick: 7.2 percent, down 3.7 Winston Peters: 6.7 percent, up 1.1 Jacinda Ardern: 6.4 percent David Seymour: 5.2 percent Rawiri Waititi, 2.5 percent Debbie Ngarewa-Packer 1.1 percent The poll was conducted by Curia Market Research Ltd for the NZ Taxpayers' Union.
    • So all these shows need a "ring-mistress" such as McGoldrick, Street, Swannell, Stanway et al to hold it all together--none of them have played the sport they are tasked to moderate a discussion on. Woke crap. At least Emily has racing experience , but Guy will always be the bit player.
    • If nothing else Gruff it might bring about a much needed speed-up in the pace of play to lessen the window of opportunity for a shooter?😎
    • Now a 4 win rating 69 . Be interesting to see where he takes it now if its not sold as there are bound to be a few offers after that performance
    • So Trump supporters are painted as unhinged Red neck gun touting misfits so  why is it the Useless as tits on a Bull Democrat outfit never attract  any of these madmen  with their cache of weapons?in saying that if you were to spend 12 hours waiting to have a crack why would you have two black bags hanging on a fence in plain view and not have some serious camoflague at the very least let alone how someone could even get near a perimeter fence at his Golf course..dubious, everything about the US is fake news 
    • Hi Monei. Good question. I just like using the tables for working out which runners did very well or poorly using the times and sectionals, and my subscribers like that point of difference. Using times and sectionals is not everyone’s cup of tea, but over the years I wouldn’t bother punting without them. Table 1 is in race order – self explanatory Table 2 In Distance order so you can compare times and sectionals run  over the same distance e.g, 4 x 1200m races can be compared at Hastings Table 3 shows the average 200m sectionals run to the 600m from the start of the race. So you can see that the Tarzino was run at the fastest tempo all day ( 11.59), even faster than all the 1200m races Poetic Champion was run at 12.20 which was quite slow when compared to the other distances, so runners off pace had little chance of winning. Table 4 The last 600 in order tells you the time of the last 600. Handy to tell you at a glance which races came home fastest. Table 5 Tells you how fast each 200m was run for the whole race. Handy for working out speed ratings and which races were fast and slowly run. Table 6 Race time in order. Handy for seeing which races were run at quicker and slower times.
    • Franny Norton, a fixture in the weighing room for more than 30 years, has called time on his career—with the rider taking his final rides at Chester's last meeting of the season Sept. 21.View the full article
    • Well spotted JJ. The finish of Pinseeker was incredible to make up so much ground on the mighty Republican Party ( a 15 race winner & $362500 ) and given the same time was amazing. Pinseeker had a trial recently where I thought the last quarter in 25.8 was an error but what happened in the Hannon proved how much potential PinS has . With all the retirements lately ,great to see an emerging star. Superb placement by Trainer Johnny Cox is your answer above.(in my humble opinion )
    • The post was nothing to do with "female fluff", equity or presentation.  Weird that you even took it there?  It was about TV shows requiring experienced broadcasters if they want a professional product.  Thats what Guy brings, and what very few of the existing bunch had previously brought.  
    • NRL 360 works brilliantly with former great players and some journos without token female fluff. Peter Lester a real talent and supreme sailor who likewise doesn't need the perennial attention-seeker Street to hold his hand. Sorry day when it becomes all about equity and presentation, rather than content. JMO.
    • Maybe try running them later in the day when NZ punters are home from golf,work or kids Saturday morning sport and Aussie punters are awake. Running the Grand National Hurdle at 11.40am and then complaining that the turnover was only 60% of a flat race hours later that had twice as many starters is the height of stupidity surely?
    • Not everybody that tunes in is looking for the same thing as you. You must realise this, right?
    • Erin and Guy are doing well. They will grow into their roles. Both are a breath of fresh air in contrast to the career presenters who are past their use by date. 
    • To be fair to Guy, I think thats precisely his role.  All TV shows do it.  Laura McGoldrick seems to be the main choice at the moment as the professional presenter who keeps the show moving for NRL and Rugby games.  She sits on a panel with "experts at the sport" but her job is not necessarily to provide opinion on the subject matter just as I wouldnt expect Guy to be letting us know who bred the 1970 Winter Cup winner.  Their job is to keep it all in check and running smoothly.  For Sailing it is Toni Street who provides that role while sitting with Peter Lester and Peter Monotgomery etc.  Guy is quite literally the Laura and Toni of Trackside.  We bitched and moaned that Trackside was full of unprofessional no hopers in front of a camera... and they try sort it out and we still bitch and moan.  Give the dude a chance (and a break), he will grow.
  • Like & Follow Us on Facebook

• RaceCafe News

• Featured Video

• Topics

• Disclaimer

While the owners and managers of RaceCafe endeavour to moderate and control the site and posts on it, they give no guarantee that posts are true and correct, and take no responsibility whatsoever for what individuals post on the site.

Posts do not necessarily reflect the sentiments, views or beliefs of Race Cafe or its owners and management.

The owners and managers of RaceCafe reserve the right to remove posts from the site and to provide details of members whose posts warrant scrutiny.