• Latest Posts

• Not wishing to throw petrol on to a perfectly good fire but you now have three synthetic surfaces where presumably the conditions will be much less heavy in the likes of June and July. You could run some 1600m races on these surfaces at the very end of the 2-y-o year (as a suggestion, nothing more).  Alternatively, you can run some early 3-y-o races in August and September on the same surfaces - I did mention this year's English 2000 Guineas winner, NOTABLE SPEECH, had his first run on grass when winning the classic - his three previous were two on Polytack and one on Tapeta.
    • Looking towards the weekend, we have the final declarations for the first two days of the Newmarket Cambridgeshire meeting.  Champagne runner up MONUMENTAL is 11/10 favourite to win the Group 3 over 1400m tomorrow while HARBOUR WIND, recently taken out of the Melbourne Cup, goes in the 3200m Listed. Friday's Group 2 Rockfel over 1400m for the juvenile fillies has seven runners and Champagne fifth ECSTATIC goes for Ballydoyle - to be honest, she may do a lot better back against the girls than mixin it with the colts but the early support has been for the other O'Brien runner, BELIEVING, ridden by Leger-winning jockey Sean Levey, but her form doesn't look as strong. Favourite, however, is FORMAL with William Buick riding for Cheveley Park. She won nicely at long odds on at Leicester last time and could be anything.  DUTY FIRST represents the powerful Victorious Racing-Archie Watson-Hollie Doyle team but her form behind ANSHODA at Goodwood doesn't look good enough and the one that interests me at a price is TROIA, who won a maiden on debut at Newbury in mid July. She's by Kingman out of a Shamardal mare and trainer Ed Walker is going well with his juveniles. If there had been eight, I'd have been on each way at 16s but this isn't that kind of race. The Joel is a Group 2 over 1600m and with all six runners rated between 109 and 112, this is dog racing betting with 3s the front two and the outsider at 13/2. It's a trappy heat - LEAD ARTIST comes back to a mile after chasing home KINROSS at Doncaster a fortnight ago while POKER FACE ran well in the Solonaway at Leopardstown and the slightly easier ground might suit the latter more. ICE MAX is an improving 3-y-o who beat POKER FACE to win the Group 2 Mile at Goodwood at the end of August but the latter has a 5 lb turnround for just a length so it's hard to see the places being confirmed if they both run to the same level on this very different track. TASK FORCE is held by LEAD ARTIST on earlier Goodwood form while the outsider is DANCING GEMINI who I thought would win the Derby (don't remind me). He was a strong second in the Poulains and then ran sixth at Epsom but I think, as it so often does, the Derby took a lot of the horse and his two runs since have been moderate so I'm happy to overlook him. The front two in the market look the two and I'm inclined to give POKER FACE the nod though, as the betting suggests, there's little between them.  
    • Up here, we have the blessing of a huge diversity in track layouts, configurations and characteristics - no two tracks are the same. Yet there are a number which appear (and the evidence confirms) to favour those either leading or close to the pace. It's my experience it's those courses with either a short straight or an uphill finish which tend to suit leaders or pacesetters. I presume in the case of the former it's not easy to make ground round a bend if you are on the outside and if it's a short straight there's little time to challenge. As for the latter, and again this is my assumption, it's harder to quicken and make ground uphill than on a level surface - it's also hard to make ground on a downhill surface but very few courses over here have downhill finishes. Sandown is an example of a course with a long straight but an uphill finish and if the leader gets the fractions right and quickens up the hill, it seems very hard for those behind to go faster while also going uphill.
    • Hey Trips, you and your mates can now 'Vaccinate' yourselves with Flu mist... I wonder how many will take up this bullshit? And I also wonder if it's user pays instead of being 'Free ' even though we are all paying for the Crap 🤣  is our team of 5 million that stupid 🙄
    • So the Swiss National Science foundations Jane Muncke (pox?) Has co authored a study linking 200 different Chemicals to breast cancer from  food packaging which is surging like most other cancer types since the forced use of novel mrna vaccines.....the FDA passed most of these? And they have been around for a fair while....they also passed Emergency use vaccines which have seen little scrutiny even though they have left a huge  trail of pain and suffering....who funds this Swiss report?
    • Even the most Critical experts in Human Physiology have bacterial Cells 1.3 to one but somehow you see it differently?  These Microbiome are critical ,and those who do not use Pharma drugs particularly in older age  can tell you how feeding these 'germs correctly can reduce joint pain for a start., but if you are managed by Big Pharma you have no clue... I'm assuming you are managed by Big Pharma?  
    • And they  discovered this when?  Would take 5 minutes with a blood test ... Wake up Big fella
    • A track where rail draws and leaders bias works   
    • I'm no brighter in wattage, but I know things like rail placement compared to the previous meeting, length of the straight, sharpness of the turns, general wind sheltered nature of the course etc can play a factor.   The part I find interesting is if there truly was a leaders bias on any course on any given day, one would think there would be a mad dash for the front by multiple riders, thus setting up a hotter than normal race tempo.  That hot tempo should in theory set up the swoopers, effectively cancelling out any perceived leader bias.
    • Scratchings - any scratchings (regular or late) can be replaced up until the posting deadline.  After that you will get the sub, or the 2nd win favourite if you already have the sub.  If there are equal 2nd favourites on the tote the one with the lower saddlecloth number will be deemed as the more favoured. Abandoned races - we need 6 races to be run for the results of the round to stand.  If races are abandoned before the posting deadline you can change a best bet race, but after the posting deadline that is just the rub of the green. Dead heats - points will be split in the usual dead heat way eg. dead heat for 1st:  4.5 points for each of the runners, ie. (6+3)/2 eg. dead heat for 3rd:  1.5 points for each of the runners, ie. (2+1)/2
    • Even simpler this week, and it's a points based (not dividend based) scoring system 1.  Pick two horses in each of the 12 races listed below. 2. You will earn points as follows: winner: 6 points runner-up: 3 points third: 2 points fourth:  1 point If the winner pays $15 or more you will earn 10 points for the winner (not 6 points).  Points for 2nd/3rd/4th will be the same regardless of dividends. 3.  You will have two best bet races where your points are doubled.  They can be any two of the 12 races listed below. Posting deadline this week is 1.00pm.   This weeks 12 races are as follows.   1. Hastings R5 2. Hastings R6 3. Hastings R7 4. Hastings R8 5. Rosehill R1 6. Rosehill R2 7. Rosehill R4 8. Rosehill R6 9. Rosehill R8 10. Rosehill R9 11. Sandown R6 12. Sandown R8 Please enter horse numbers, with some form of punctuation (eg. / ) between each number, and don't forget to mark your two best bet races.  
    • Stop the mal content type posting just like you did here, stop being a smart arse with every member here and then that would be a good start...I just want a harmonious place here, it was before you came along mostly, and if needed it will be after you have left, so its totally your choice please just thoughtful of what and how you post and you and me and you and the other valued forum members will all get along fine. 
    • Lord Wilf freely confesses to not being the brightest bulb in the chandelier,  but I get confused by this term, "frontrunners track ". How does a track become one? Is it the way its built or cambered? The commentator at Washdyke used it today, and I thought, I'm baffled. Any illumination would be helpful.  
    • The Human Rights Act (HRA) makes it unlawful to discriminate on the grounds of sex (including pregnancy and childbirth), marital status, religious belief, ethical belief, colour, race, ethnic or national origin (including nationality or citizenship), disability, age, political opinion, employment status, family status ... There is a lot of Unlawful discrimination in NZ.
    • Isn't that a clear breach of the Human Rights Act?
    • Ex ACT . I've obtained a copy of AUT’s policy for funding researcher travel, which allocates 30 percent more points to travel applications for researchers who identify as Māori, and 20 percent more for Pasifika. This policy will put some academics at a disadvantage relative to others, simply because they have the ‘wrong’ ancestry. Allocating travel funding based on race is a disrespect to those who would otherwise secure opportunities based on merit, or on the value their travel can offer to the university and society. After hearing reports of the existence of this policy, my office requested a copy of the points system from AUT on Wednesday morning. With no response from the university, I emailed around 500 AUT researchers over the weekend asking them if they knew about the points system and if they could provide a copy. This must have caused a stir, because yesterday morning AUT sent my office a copy of the points system, and the Vice-Chancellor sent an email to researchers and staff defending the policy. However, the Vice-Chancellor opted not to link directly to the points system so staff could easily view and understand it. I have now sent a copy of the points system to AUT researchers so they can view it themselves.  Many researchers told me they were not aware of the points system, which is not listed publicly and is not easily found on internal systems. The University has not been upfront with its staff and researchers, who deserve better.  
    • What ARE the rules?  
    • Trainer: 'We feel she is best to go to The Everest fresh.'View the full article
    • Troy Scanlon is the tipster to follow…. On fire on Sunday….We can not get the boosted harness halo in Australia…. Andrew what is your best tip for Friday .. early bird gets the worm….
  • Like & Follow Us on Facebook

• RaceCafe News

• Featured Video

• Topics

• Disclaimer

While the owners and managers of RaceCafe endeavour to moderate and control the site and posts on it, they give no guarantee that posts are true and correct, and take no responsibility whatsoever for what individuals post on the site.

Posts do not necessarily reflect the sentiments, views or beliefs of Race Cafe or its owners and management.

The owners and managers of RaceCafe reserve the right to remove posts from the site and to provide details of members whose posts warrant scrutiny.